I’ve realized something about myself, I’m a bit of a natural enthusiast. I really don’t mind relaxed women until they start trying to go hard for haircare, then I get high and mighty. I don’t even feel the need to change that flaw lol; is that sad? Yesterday I was trolling a haircare site and I kept coming across women talking about their “goal length” and “growth challenges” this is when I came to a few more realizations about myself:
- women that harp on long hair annoy me.
- men that harp on long hair annoy me. Honestly men that harp on hair period, because THEY don’t have to do it, so stfu.
- I don’t really look for hairspirations because nobody’s curls are like mine, and that’s the beauty of it!
- long term transitioners that complain about their ends ANNOY ME, cut the shit off and s.t.f.u.
- I hate the phrase “going natural”. No, you are BORN natural, you GO-get-a-relaxer. This is not about learning to do your natural hair, its about unlearning how to do unnatural hair. That’s what it is, so lets call a spade a mfn spade.
Moving on from the harping, my hair has been hella dry and frizzy lately so I took to the streets!
I did a pre-poo wash with honey, KCCC, and ACV ( I used to do this with Oyin Handmade’s Honey wash but I’m out!). Then I did a deep condition with KCKT, EVOO, HEHH and Coconut oil and left it in for about four hours
Next I rinsed it out and twisted it up with the S+Hpudding and the EcoStyler gel (I’m trying this again bc it left my hair dry last time I tried but maybe I just needed a d/c). I haven’t yet untwisted bc my hair is still wet but we’ll see how it looks tomorrow. I want big textured hair!!!
I have 0 patience and untwisted it almost immediately posting this blog, here are the results: