Pardon me for the Drake allusion but, really this may have been the most decadent meal I’ve ever experienced. So, Deeds and I decided for our anniversary we would celebrate it when I came out. I suggested we go to his favorite restaurant CUT which is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant in the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills. First of all… I was amped just because it was the Pretty Woman hotel. I have a thing…and I’m a sucker for a happy ending. So here’s the dining room (left). We sat in the booth at the bottom left of the screen. This is a picture from the net, but the dining room is set up in basically the same way as in this photo, the art is different though. Funny thing, so Deeds asked to sit by the window which clearly are tables for bigger parties. So we get seated “near” the window at the table thats bottom center, he hated the chairs…so then I had to ask to be moved (again) lol. Which is how we ended up in the booth. Wasn’t so bad except he was so far away.
Oh, you all have him to thank for our lack of pictures because my clutch was so tiny I gave him my camera to hold which he left in the car. Ridiculous. So we have no pictures of our amazing meal which makes me sad. Just means we have to go back (eh?).
Moving on…the food!
Here’s pix of stuff we had and a total rundown of the most swanky meal ever in life. If you get the chance in life, absolutely visit this restaurant. Thank me Later.
- Maryland Blue Crab and Maine Lobster “Louis” Cocktail with Spicy Tomato-Horseradish
- New Zealand Wagyu Rib Eye Steak
- French Fries with Herbs
- Dark Chocolate Soufflé, Whipped Crème Fraiche, Gianduja Chocolate Ice Cream
- Tempura Chesapeake Bay Soft Shell Crab, Peperonata, Lemon Chutney, Harissa Aioli (BTW this is the only thing I didn’t like, it was way too lemon-y…I ate Deeds’ appetizer lol)
- Pan-Roasted Maine Lobster with Black Truffle Sabayon
- Cavatappi Pasta “Mac & Cheese,” Quebec Cheddar
- Strawberry Ice Cream Baked Alaska, Strawberries, White Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
- *I also had a glass of the Kistler Chardonnay, AMAZING! It was so fragrant, I felt like I was surrounded by it.